Tales Of Asia

Friday, December 21, 2007

The Black Emptiness

When I was 20 years old my parents took my three sisters and my brother on a holiday to England. I went to Melbourne airport to see them off and remember waving goodbye to them as they left.

They never told me why they never took me with them. I never asked as it was too painful.

When they did that they gave me something. They gave me a " black emptiness" that I carry around with me to this day. Sometimes that black emptiness is very heavy.

Some well-meaning people have suggested to me various reasons are excuses as to why my parents did what they did. In the end though, they went away and took my family and left me behind standing there are alone as they disappeared in the plane.

If any parents are out there reading this, please learn through my experience. Please never do this to your children. It will just sit with them forever and eat away at them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home