Tales Of Asia

Friday, August 24, 2007

A Spiritual Experience - Little Things


On Monday I went to a meeting at lunchtime in a room at a local Church in Garden Road Hong Kong.

The meeting was just a group of people meeting for a common purpose, nothing religious even though It was being held on a church property.

Just before the meeting began a few of us entered the room and a butterfly flew in the door with us. The meeting started and the butterfly flew around taking some peoples attention including mine. When the meeting finished the attendees left and the butterfly was promptly forgotten.

Now, on Wednesday I needed to be back at the same place for the same reason and at the same time. Running early I entered the empty room and noticed the butterfly sitting on a window sill at the rear of the room.

I looked at this butterfly and thought Hmmm, this little guy has probably been stuck in here since Monday. Must be a bit lonely stuck in here all by himself (if in fact it was a him). I wondered if Mrs Butterfly was missing him and wondered if little kid butterflies were missing dad as well.

Wandering to the back of the room I cupped my hands and gently guided this little guy into them trying not to squash him in the process. When he was safely in my palm prison I wandered back to the entry door and though How do I get the door open without letting this little guy fly away? Negotiating the closed door while not letting Mister Butterfly escape back into the room I stepped outside and opened my hands and watched as Mister Butterly flew away. Free at last, off home to his butterfly family.

I wouldn't say I'm a very religious person by any stretch of the imagination but I do know a spiritual experience when I trip over one. Sure lifted my spirit.

Until next time, the is Tales of Asia saying "don't forget to wipe".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home