Tales Of Asia

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Vail - Billy Thorpe

I just learnt today that one of Australia's rock legends Billy Thorpe died of a massive heart attack on February 28. What a tragedy. Whilst I accept that everybody must pass on, it still was a big surprise to learn the news.

Bill, thank you for the years of pleasure and enjoyment that I have gotten from listening to your music. You have been one of my major inspirations are really appreciate all you have done for the Australian people. From going to see you play at the Whitehorse Hotel in Nunawading each Thursday night when I would pester my older sister to take me because I was definitely under age at that time, as well as the days at Sunbury and beyond to many years later when I would see you at places like the Ringwood RSL club, there has been nothing as good as listening to your music at anytime.

Wherever you are now, please say hello to my beautiful father and tell him that I love him and miss him. And by the way, you'd better tell God to get some earplugs if you intend to play some music there.

Cheers mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home